Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Dame Meg Hillier MP (Hackney South and Shoreditch)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Dame Meg Hillier MP is seeking a Parliamentary Assistant to join her Westminster office.
The successful candidate will support Meg in her Parliamentary duties and primarily undertake policy research and respond to policy enquiries from constituents. They will also assist in the administration of her Westminster office.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Previous experience of working for an MP or Parliament is not essential, but desirable. Graduates are welcome to apply.
Meg is keen to employ people, and would welcome applications, from groups currently underrepresented in the Houses of Parliament.
The successful candidate will:
• Research and draft policy responses to enquires from constituents.
• Draft parliamentary questions, amendments to legislation and Bills
• Help maintain a social media and online presence.
• Assist with the preparation of press releases.
• Strong political knowledge, understanding and judgement.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organisational, time keeping and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
• Ability to work independently, show initiative and work well as part of a wider team.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines. We encourage applications from under-represented communities.
Closing Date: 23rd October 2022
Interview: w/c 24th October 2022
Start Date: As soon as possible
To apply, please complete the application form found here and send it to email@example.com. Please add the subject line: “Parliamentary Assistant Application"
Applicants that do not complete the application form will not be considered.
We will only contact applicants who are shortlisted, and we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.