The cladding scandal is one of the biggest consumer and safety failures in a generation.
The Government must step up and act now to support trapped leaseholders.
Please see below for a list of my recent Parliamentary work on this issue:
- Click here to read the Public Accounts Committee cladding report and the letter that I sent to the Permanent Secretary ath the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government here
- I am a member of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Leasehold and Commonhold reform. You can find out more information here.
- I am a member of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Mortgage Prisoners, which has been set up to bring attention and support for residents facing these problems. You can find out more information here.
- I am supporting the work of the campaign group End Our Cladding Scandal here.
I spoke in the:
- Leaseholders and Cladding' Westminster Hall debate. You can watch the full debate here: My speech begins at 15:01:21 and I make further interventions at 15:27:36, 15:43:11 and 15:57:58.
- 'Funding for the removal of flammable cladding' adjournement debate, which you can watch here.
- Urgent question on whether leaseholders are expected to pay for the removal of dangerous cladding from their homes. You can watch my intervention here.
- Additional contributions in the Chamber here and here.
- General Debate before the Christmas Recess here.